Latest Project News & Information
L’Anse Township leaders recently passed changes to the zoning ordinance that will allow wind power and all the benefits of wind power to come to your community. It is important for these changes to become law now. If you support the benefits of wind power, please do not sign any petition that is circulated about the zoning ordinance changes or the wind project.
To show your support for the project, please contact the L'Anse Township Board at
firstname.lastname@example.org or L'Anse Township, 126 N. Main, L'Anse, MI 49946
PUBLIC INFORMATION OPEN HOUSE
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 6-8pm.
- American Legion Post 144, 115 N Front Street, L’Anse, MI.
- You are invited to learn about the proposed project and potential community benefits.
Wind Energy Information
Stories and resources about wind energy in Michigan and around the U.S.
- September 2018: Battery Storage Research at WMU
- September 2018: Wind Technician Training Program for Veterans
- Sierra Club September 2018: From Auto Engineer to Wind Turbine Manager
- Wind on the Wires: What Midwestern Electric Utilities are Saying about Wind
- Wind on the Wires: Frequently Asked Questions
- Wind on the Wires: Reports & Studies
- American Wind Wildlife Institute: Resources
- April 2018 Smithsonian Magazine: Is a Texas Town the Future of Renewable Energy?
- January 2018: Xcel Energy shows wind energy a win for utilities, consumers, environment
- June 2017 Saginaw News: What Wind Energy Means for Michigan